Why Travel to Baler



Many would really like to travel. If given the chance many would travel and enjoy what this country or the world can offer.  More often than not, it is the budgetary limitations that prevent many from traveling. For most people traveling is a luxury.

The lack of time is another factor why a lot of people cannot travel to different places. It is only during long weekends and holidays that most people can travel. Many are burdened with the need to earn a living and are tied to an eight to five work schedule.

When I was still very young, I remember traveling with my grandmother to my mother's hometown in Virac, Catanduanes. As the bus has to pass Albay before taking a very dizzying boat ride, I saw for the first time the Mayon Volcano. I was truly mesmerized by its perfect cone.

Despite the inconvenience of the trip to Virac that usually takes around twelve (12) hours on a bus or train followed by a boat ride that lasts for around two (2) hours, I was very excited to go the province. I really enjoyed the place. Everything was natural and fresh. I even had the experience of picking “Pili Nuts” from that very huge tree.

I was also able to swim in "Solong Falls". I consider myself lucky to have seen the very pristine beauty of this falls.  It was a really long time ago but I can still recall its crystal clear waters and how the area was covered by lush vegetation. Solong Falls was like being in a set of a fantasy movie – the freshness of the vegetation lingers while the flora and fauna were abundant.

During that time, fireflies were plentiful. I recall seeing a tree that strikingly glowed as it was full of fireflies. It was a totally awesome sight! I am not sure if this majestic sight still exists in Catanduanes. I have heard that the area has already been developed and a power plant for producing electricity has been built in Solong Falls. With electricity lighting up the once simple community, fireflies have disappeared according to someone who just came from Virac.

While in Baler, I had that feeling development may transform the area into an urban landscape in just a few years just like what happened in Virac.  A power plant may also be built in Mother Falls to harness electricity. If such a project is built, I just hope that the beauty of the falls is not compromised. I have nothing against development; I just hope that it would not adversely affect the beautiful landscape of Baler.

Before development sets in, it is time to travel and visit Baler. I am happy to have visited the place while it is still simple and typically rural. Travelers would have a great time in Baler as waterfalls, beautiful views including the sand and sea abound.

I can only wish that the area is preserved for the next generation to enjoy. The advent of modernization should not deprive the young ones of seeing such a beautiful place. But whatever modern structures are built in Baler, the area should be made free from all forms of garbage. It is really appalling to see pieces of garbage on the beach and other areas of interest.  Cleanliness has to be maintained at all times.

Try traveling to Baler and savor its simplicity and get a taste of history. Baler welcomes tourists. Signs are everywhere proclaiming the beauty of the place. A traveler can never go wrong when visiting Baler.



Comments

Popular Posts