Tumalog Falls (Oslob, Cebu)



We traveled aboard a motorcycle to reach Tumalog Falls. At 60.00 per person, the ride is convenient and is just a few minutes from the resorts where Whale Shark watching is conducted.  As if seeing a piece of Baguio, beautiful views of green and lush forests greeted us as we traverse a cliff on the way to the falls. 


Tumalog Falls is indeed stunning. It is like a very big water curtain off a mountain. I repeatedly gazed at its beauty. A spectacular sight such as this can only be created by nature.  We were very thankful that we took this trip from Cebu City.  All the inconvenience and the expense are definitely worth it upon seeing this falls.

The area surrounding Tumalog Falls is simple and natural.  I cannot recall seeing any signboards or any form of advertisements. It is one of the cleanest waterfalls that I visited. The surrounding area is free from thrash and domesticated animals. This falls seem to have been frozen in time as everything is fresh and almost without human intervention.

There is no long trek to reach Tumalog Falls and there are no dangerous walk on slippery stones and wading on a river. People of all ages can easily get to this falls. While the common means of transport is aboard a motorcycle, the road is smooth and well paved by concrete. Upon reaching the falls, travelers are immediately greeted by nature’s magnificence.



I can assume that residents and authorities in Oslob are all in agreement that this falls should be protected and preserved. It is their municipality’s treasure. The falls have brought profit. It gave motorcycle riders and owners an alternative source of income. Tourists both local and foreign, after seeing the Whale Sharks, more often than not, would opt to visit this falls before heading back to Cebu City.  And these surges of tourists translate to an increase in revenue for the municipality in the form of entrance fees, which during our visit, was pegged at 20.00 per person.

As I looked at the waterfalls, I cannot help getting sentimental.  I was suddenly drawn to thought.  I really wished that my beloved sister who passed away December last year was still here to see this spectacle. I am sure she would enjoy Tumalog Falls as its water basin is just deep enough for wading. I can still remember my sister’s smile while she wades along the seashore, as she was afraid to go to the deeper part of the beach.   The waters in this falls are cold but not that cold to prevent one from enjoying it.  It is very refreshing to go under this falls and enjoy the splash of water from above.

It is easy to get emotional as one looks at the drop of the falls. I don’t know what it is, but the moment I looked at this falls I felt that kind of sadness. I felt that life is so short to be wasted on things that are not actually important. I am really happy to reach this place and I know it would take years before I get back.  Yet seeing such splendor is what makes life worth living.

With Tumalog Falls, it is really more fun in the Philippines. We stayed in this falls for only about an hour. But despite the short time we stayed, it has inspired us to continue traveling and appreciate nature more.







Comments

This is amazing. The Tumalog Falls in Oslob looks awesome. Great blog.

Popular Posts