A Sweet Escape (Anilao, Batangas)


How To Get To King Solomon Dive Resort (Anilao, Batangas via private vehicle)

(1) Take the SLEX (South Luzon Expressway) and Exit at Batangas Exit;
(2) From Batangas Exit just head straight from the Rotunda to Bolbok Flyover;
(3) Turn Right under the flyover;
(4) Upon reaching Manghinao Bridge turn Left to Mabini, Batangas;
(5) Upon reaching the statue of Mabini turn Right to Anilao (there are signs along the way);
(6) Follow the National Road (turn Left) and on the ridge are various resorts in the area;
(7) Continue driving until you reach King Solomon Dive Resort which will be on your Right.

I had the chance of going out on a weekend in Anilao, Batangas. Going out somewhere just to break the monotony of my daily existence is something I want to do more often. But time is always against it. I often find myself trapped in a way of life where everything seems to be due yesterday. There are just a lot of things that I need to attend to leaving me very little time to travel.

It is easy to say "just leave your work and travel the world"! The reality of life, however, does not work that way! Not everyone can just leave everything and escape to a different world. Thus, trapped within this type of existence, working people evolved to what is now called the "weekend warriors"! It is only during weekends or other rare occasions, that most people employed with a fixed work schedule can engage in things that they really love to do like discovering a new place or simply relax.

King Solomon Dive Resort (Anilao, Batangas)
I felt lucky that somehow in one weekend, I got to visit Anilao, Batangas - one of the most popular escapes for urban dwellers because of its accessibility to Metro Manila. It is often the first realistic option for anyone who lives in Metro Manila who wants to swim or frolic on the beach or try snorkeling or scuba diving.  Anilao, Batangas is riddled with beach resorts that offer the beach life in just around 3 to 4-hour drive from Metro Manila depending on the traffic and the weather.

In Anilao, I stayed at the King Solomon Dive Resort - a fairly decent resort whose location allows you to literally dive into the sea during high tide. According to the staff of the resort, high tide occurs during the months of August and September. However, do not expect a beach front to build your sandcastles or play volleyball! But if you wish to do such activity,  this resort is near other towns in Batangas such as Nasugbu or Laiya where there are long stretches of white sands. Boats can likewise be rented from this resort to taking you to dive and snorkeling spots in Batangas with rich biodiversity.

King Solomon Dive Resort speaks of a homey feel  while giving a sense of security. I felt very comfortable in my air conditioned room with clean linens, towels, a toilet and bath with hot and cold shower and a flat screen TV. I enjoyed the serenity of the place, the food served and the hospitality rendered by the staff. If I have an occasion to attend in Anilao or a diving spot to discover or I need a place to be my jump off point in hiking Mount Maculot, I will again opt for this resort.










Comments

Popular Posts