Why I Join Chess Tournaments


If given the time, I usually join non-master chess tournaments often held in malls.  It is not really for the prize money, if it were, I may have opted not to play at all. It is more for the experience. Chess also has its "enigmatic allure" that continuously draws me back to the game. There is that unique form of satisfaction in playing chess and in participating in these kinds of tournaments.

Non-Master/Kiddies Chess Tournament (SM San Jose Del Monte Bulacan; December 16, 2017)
I derive satisfaction in chess won or lost on its own merits. While patent blunders are part of the game, chess should mean more than that. I desire to win with my opponent offering the best defense when I am on the attack. I aim to salvage a losing position by employing the most accurate defense. In this situation, I wish to see beauty in chess.

Joining chess tournaments is a great way to spend any weekend. It is also an affirmation that chess is not only a game but a sport and an art. It is fun and provides a good venue to further improve your skills, meet other players or simply to catch up with the latest development about the game. It is tiresome but definitely worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts