Is Getting a GoPro (Hero 6 Black) a Good Move?


I just got a GoPro Hero 6 Black! Before I made this purchase, I checked several videos comparing the GoPro Hero 6 and the GoPro Hero5.  I have also read several articles comparing the two gadgets. After getting as much information as I can, I came into a conclusion that buying the Hero 6 is a better move despite the fact that it is priced higher compared to the Hero 5.  I say this with caution though. But what is clear is that the Hero 6 is the upgraded version of the Hero 5. Considering that the price difference between the two devices is not that much, I opted for the Hero 6.


The GoPro Hero 5 and the GoPro Hero 6 looks exactly the same. However, since the latter is the latest version, it is equipped with a faster processor, faster WIFI, zoom and image stabilization capability. It is primarily this feature of the Hero 6 to shoot smoother videos that made me decide to buy it instead of the Hero 5. It is my expectation that the Hero 6 despite its much higher price tag but with improved features would create better videos and photos compared to its predecessor. It is said that you always get what you paid for.

When I joined the recently concluded Gran Fondo 50 in Subic, I really felt that I could have made a better move if I was able to capture the action on video. Though I was able to take photos of the event, I knew that photographs have very significant limitations. Videos, on the other hand, could have provided a much detailed account of the action.  I also could have shared my experience in a more realistic manner if I have a GoPro at that time. Though I have a cellphone, I was not able to use it to take videos. (If taking videos with a cellphone is dangerous while a driving a car, just imagine how more dangerous it could be when riding a bicycle). With the voice command feature of the GoPro, it will be safer and easier to take videos while riding a bike. We all know that the GoPro can be mounted on the helmet, on the handlebar of the bicycle or strapped to your body. The possibilities are endless.

But whether or not I made a good move in buying a GoPro (Hero 6 Black) is something that I can only answer after a few months of using the device. I need to personally experience the features of this GoPro in order that I can credibly say that I made a good move.

When I was in a store in a mall in Quezon City that sells these gadgets, I again experience the same thing when I purchased my Tronsmart Encore S2 Headphone. I really wanted to compare the Hero 6 and the Hero 5. But, I was told that it is their store's policy not to open the box of the gadget until the customer has already paid for it. Well, I do understand this policy. I know that once the box is opened it becomes more difficult for the store to sell the gadget. In this case, I think it is a better move for the store to have the same sample gadgets where the customer can freely hold and make some comparisons. I mean reading about the reviews and seeing it on YouTube is entirely different when you actually see, hold and examine the gadget.











Comments

Popular Posts