Bike to Work (Embrace Freedom)


I have been using my bicycle to work and it has been one of the best decision I have ever made. When I bike to work, I arrive much earlier to the office, already energized, and grateful to survive Commonwealth Avenue - considered as one of the most dangerous roads in Metro Manila.  There is an ongoing construction (MRT 7) and the traffic has worsened from the worse. Thanks to the fact that the school calendar of the well-known universities in the area has been moved to August that commuters have some form of a breathing space in the traffic.

Traffic is not the only reason why I shifted from using a car to work to riding a bicycle. There is that feeling of achievement to be able to transport yourself on your own energy. It is to embrace freedom. Biking to work is to trust and have full confidence in yourself. It is also a very practical way to save money intended for gasoline. Whenever I pedal, I always thank the Lord for giving me the energy and strength to able to transport myself on my own strength. I always remember the benefits of biking to oneself and to the environment - "one less car on the road is one less car on the road."

We are a country dependent mostly on imported gasoline. Most belong to the middle class struggling to survive. Many are on a payroll to payroll kind of existence made worse after getting that vehicle on a supposed to be easy to pay scheme. With this, it is a good idea to encourage the use of bicycles in going to work. Instead of waiting in line for hours to take a ride, why not take a bike instead? I often see a lot of able-bodied individuals lining up for a chance to take a ride and those line takes several precious hours of time. As an alternative, try biking to work. Once you give it a try, you will never consider lining up again.

I noticed that when I bike to work, I am more productive at the office. I feel better and more energetic. Unlike when I use a car to get to the office, I feel heavy and sleepy. There is a very significant difference when I am able to slip that much-needed exercise in getting to the office.
With an eight-hour work schedule, finding time to exercise is almost impossible. With a bike to work lifestyle, exercise has become a daily routine.





Comments

Popular Posts