First Impressions (Dahon D7 Curve Folding Bike)


I just got a Dahon D7 Curve Folding Bike. After a trial, I think I have made a good move. I was able to get the bike at Raptor at twenty percent off. The unit is presently performing at my expectations except there seems to be a need for some adjustments due to the noise while I pedal. I think the noise is coming from the rear end which I have to get checked if it is normal for this kind of bike.


The Dahon D7 has smaller wheels compared to the Dahon Route. Actually, I was getting the Dahon Route. But when I arrived at the store, I checked all the other variations of the bikes on display and I got convinced that the D7 will definitely fit my lifestyle. Compared to the Dahon Route which is considered to be an "entry-level" in the folding bike category, the D7 is lighter and more compact. The D7 fits well in my SUV perfect for my plan of taking this bike to those areas where I cannot bike all the way from home. 


When I was testing this bike at the Science Grounds in UP Diliman, I was informed by a Security Guard that biking here is already prohibited. I was  surprised of such a prohibition. I thought to myself that this is UP and I am just enjoying my folding bike. As the guard was merely performing his duty, I then headed to the bike lanes located at the Sunken Garden which unfortunately parts of which are undergoing repairs. Sometimes life can give you nuggets. But this did not prevent me from enjoying the D7 curve. I then placed it my SUV and I traveled  to the  Neopolitan Grounds near SM Fairview where I biked for hours. This is definitely the advantage of a folding bike like the D7, you can easily place it inside your vehicle and find a much more suitable place to bike. 

Riding the D7 is a breeze. There is no issue of the saddle getting out of place just like in my first folding bike. The D7 is firm and you can actually trust its folding mechanism. However, the D7 cost a little more compared to my first folding bike which I bought in Cartimar in Pasay City. With the Dahon D7 I really felt safe and secure and its performance on the road is something you can be proud of. 

Just like any biker, I really wish that our roads are more bike-friendly. There should be more bike lanes to ensure the safety of bikers. I think there is really a grain of truth in the saying that for this country to move forward biking should be the way of life. Imagine if the cars on the roads were bikes, there would be greater space and traffic will be a thing of the past. I know that many of us will use bicycles in going to work or whatever destination we desire if the roads are much safer and friendlier. 

I have been driving a car for years and I am getting tired of it. The traffic is getting worse. But, something that we got to accept. But instead of playing the blaming game, we could all be part of the solution. Why not advocate or encourage the use of bicycles. Instead of that bulky, hard to park and expensive car why not use a bike instead? With more bike-friendly roads, there would definitely be more people who would be encouraged to bike their way to work and to their destinations.


Comments

Popular Posts