A Natural And Safe Way To Get Rid of Dogs' Ticks and Fleas


I am having a  very challenging time  - getting rid of my dogs' ticks and fleas. I have tried various anti-tick and flea shampoos and nothing seems to work. They just keep coming back! In my struggle, however, to get rid of ticks and fleas on my dogs (Chihuahuas), I learned that it is better not to use an "anti-tick and flea powder". After the powder is rubbed on the dog's coat, there is a great tendency that the dog will ingest the powder.  

I have used a flea powder and one of my dogs vomited the next morning. I was thinking of using "Sevin Powder" but I am having second thoughts. Instead, I want to use something natural and safe. Just like you, I want to get rid of those nasty ticks and fleas without poisoning my dogs. 


I have tried using vinegar. And it worked! I added vinegar with the same amount of water in a pail and I rinsed my dogs with it after their shampoo. I let my dogs dry themselves. I noticed that it worked against those stubborn ticks and fleas. With the same amount of shampoo and vinegar, I sprayed the solution on my dogs to prevent the fleas from coming back. I have also discovered spraying vinegar (pure without adding water) on the sleeping and other areas frequented by my dogs is very effective against fleas. Thus, instead of expensive solutions on the market, using vinegar is one natural and safe way to remove ticks and fleas on dogs. Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water in equal part and sprayed on the dog's coat (while avoiding their eyes) helps a lot in protecting them against fleas.


I also tried using coconut oil. After my dogs dry up after a bath, I applied coconut oil on their coat and on their paws. I also removed the ticks on their ears with the use of coconut oil.


While there are numerous products on the market promising to get rid of our pets' ticks and fleas, using natural products is a better move.



















Comments

Popular Posts