Is Riding a Motorcycle a Good Move?


Riding a motorcycle or a scooter in the streets of Metro Manila is considered by many as "suicide". It is often dismissed as a risky and an insane idea. If we look at the numbers of accidents on the road, usually a motorcycle is involved or on top of the list. When you ride a motorcycle, no matter how careful you may be, if those around you are not, you can still be a victim of accidents.




But despite all these, riding a motorcycle is worth the risk. And besides, there are always inherent risks involved in everything and I do not want to cower in fear because of these risks. While there may be a lot of accidents involving motorcycles, there are ways to prevent such a bad occurrence from happening. What is important is to give it to Him and everything will be fine.

One reason why riding a motorcycle is a good move is affordability. A brand new one costs much less compared to a second-hand car. The cost of gasoline is likewise at a minimum. Parking issues are more often than not resolved. 

The notorious traffic is also another reason why I think that getting a motorcycle is a good idea. I have experienced several times while driving my vehicle that almost if not more than twenty vehicles have already passed by my side and still I am stuck in traffic. With a motorcycle, it is much easier to squeeze your way and find a better route from this traffic mess. Traffic in Metro Manila is getting worse and with solutions still on the drawing board, the situation can last for years. 

Again, I understand the inherent risk of riding a motorcycle in the streets of Metro Manila. But, getting on one is an entirely different experience and thrill. Life is something that must be enjoyed to the fullest and fear of the unknown should not deter us from doing just that. What is important is to be careful and have faith that everything will turn out just right. 

At this time, I am still contemplating on what kind of motorcycle to buy. It is my very first motorcycle and I am taking my time before getting one. But, my choice is either the Honda Repsol RS 150 or the KTM Duke 390. The Suzuki Raider 150 is also an option. The Honda, however, is getting much of my attention and I consider it as my first choice. Why the Honda RS 150? First, it is Honda. The brand speaks by itself.  There is no doubt about the brand. A Honda motorcycle dealer is also near my place making it much easier to avail of the much needed "after sales services" such as the scheduled maintenance and change oils. 


I will let you know what kind of motorcycle I bought and give you an honest to goodness review. Maybe, in the future, I would do some of those getting popular "motovlogs" and post it on youtube. Well, those are just plans. But, I think it is worth the try. I have been harboring this idea after seeing a lot of those kinds of vlogs in youtube. I intend to make mine informative. Perhaps, I will include my reviews of chess games and how I think about a particular game. Those are just plans for now. Yet, anything that is great today started with just a plan. 

Comments

Popular Posts