Mushroom Burger (Tagaytay)


When I turned vegan, I began to appreciate anything plant-based.  I felt I made that very important connection to what I eat and its effect on the health, environment, and animals around us. I began to understand how meat is processed and the "cruelty" behind it. I felt that eating guilt-free without inflicting pain and suffering on our fellow helpless and sentient beings is the right thing to do. It feels good to know that what I eat no longer contributes to the cruelty and suffering of animals.


I always consider Tagaytay as the place to be whenever I need to get away momentarily from the stress and chaos brought about by living life in an urban setting. Tagaytay's proximity to Metro Manila coupled with its great views, food, and greens make it the best candidate for that place where the weekend is the only time to travel other than the office. If you happen to find yourself in Tagaytay, it is a good move to drop by Mushroom Burger and try their plant-based burger for a change.


There are great things to do in Tagaytay and great food to eat. Not everything, however, is vegan. In Tagaytay however, is easier to find plant-based food. A long time ago and I definitely regret it, I travel to Tagaytay for its "Bulalo" - a beef stew of bones and marrow. Now, I discovered that there are alternatives to meat. Cruelty-free, guilt-free, and delicious enough. The Mushroom Burger.


When compared to the regular burger with meat from a dead animal, a burger made of mushroom is like the traditional meat but unlike it in a very good way.  The taste of the mushroom burger is just right without the guilt. It is difficult to tell at first bite if the mushroom burger is actually made of mushroom and not real meat. Mushrooms are indeed a very good alternative to animal meat given their texture and taste.

The presence of guests or patrons or customers forming a long queue at the counter is a very good indication that plant-based meat is becoming popular. Bad news for the meat industry. Good news for vegans and vegetarians. Good news for cows, pigs, goats, and other animals raised and killed for meat. 

I waited for my turn. The long line never bothered me at all. More people appreciating burgers made of mushrooms means plant-based food is getting into the psyche of more people. There is now a choice, a much better alternative to traditional meat.  I am certain to see in the future that traditional meat will soon be taken over by meat derived from plants. I am certain to see in the future that mushroom burger will have more branches aside from its already existing branch in Quezon City. It is always great news that traditional meat is not being slowly replaced by meat derived from plants.

Comments

Popular Posts