Riding a Bicycle to Work (Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines)


I really enjoy going to work on a bicycle. It is entirely a different experience compared to a regular commute or driving your car.  By taking a bicycle to work, you can squeeze in that much-needed exercise.  I feel good every time I arrive in the office on a bicycle.  I bring extra clothes and make certain adjustments whenever I bike to work. 

One advantage of using a bicycle to work is I can easily make a stop in a safe area and take photos. There are several things to see or what I call “street scenes” along Commonwealth Avenue                                                            

One government project that is much awaited is the construction of the MRT along Commonwealth Avenue. This mass transportation project starts in North Avenue in Quezon City and stretches into San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan. For those living in Bulacan and who work somewhere in Ortigas or Makati, the completion of this project will be very helpful. 



Fruits and vegetables abound on Commonwealth Avenue. By riding a bicycle to work, it is easy to stop and choose among these delicious fruits sold along the highway.  There are also other kinds of street foods that I can buy whenever I pass along this road.


It is very difficult to get a ride in the morning and during rush hours.  The buses are few. Unlike in other countries, there are no designated bus stops along Commonwealth Avenue. To get a ride, you got to be quick and agile and always alert when a bus or any other form of transportation passes by. Every time I see this kind of situation, I always thought why not ride a bicycle to work? But of course, not everyone can use a bicycle to work. With the completion of the MRT project, the situation is definitely expected to improve in the future.



 

Comments

Popular Posts