Biking is Beautiful

I am very much satisfied with my Dahon Curve D7 folding bike. It is light, easy to maneuver, and fits almost anywhere. Every time I use the Dahon Curve, it often elicits a second look. This folding bike is rarely seen and it attracts a lot of admiration on the road. But, just like any other bicycle, folding bikes need some maintenance. At ROX, in Bonifacio Global City ( BGC), Taguig, I had my Dahon bike washed and tuned up. The cost for tuning with bike wash is P350. 00. However, since there are parts that were replaced including worn-out cables, I paid a total amount of P950.00.  Money, that I think is well- spent. 



BGC is a good place to ride a bike. There are bike lanes and bike racks. Another great place to cycle is in UP Diliman Campus in Quezon City. Large trees can be found in UP creating shaded areas for bikers. At this time, however, due to the pandemic, biking, jogging, and other activities at the Academic Oval or Sunken Garden are still not allowed. Yet, there are still a lot of grounds to bike at the UP Campus. 


Biking is a very simple activity but the joy you get from it is indescribable. There is that feeling of achieving something by just riding a bike along the Bay Walk, CCP Complex, Neopolitan Business Park, and pedaling to anywhere you like. Biking is also great for the environment and good for your health. 


With my folding bike, I was able to enjoy the historical sites in Intramuros. I also pedaled along Manila Bay. With my Giant FastRoad SLR 1, I was able to check the progress of the Manila Bay Sands Project or the Dolomite Beach.  There are a lot of possibilities when you use a bicycle. Since parking is not an issue, I can reach some areas where using a car is not a good idea. 


Any bicycle will do. Your bike need not be the expensive type for you to enjoy biking. Just get any bicycle within your budget that fits you. For safety reasons, it is important that the bicycle you are using is just right for you. A large bicycle is very difficult to handle and a small one is very uncomfortable to pedal. If you are starting to discover the joys of riding a bicycle, a folding bike like the Dahon Curve D7 is a good option.


Biking is a very fun and beautiful activity. Just get out there and ride!















Comments

Popular Posts